cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks-connect not available on Databricks Runtime > 10.4

NSRBX
Contributor

Hello Databricks Team,

Databricks-connect doesn't work on databricks runtime 11.3.

Databricks recommends that we use dbx for Databricks Lab instead of databricks-connect.

Databricks plans no new feature development for Databricks Connect at this time.

Dbx doesn't provided interactive debugging capabilities.

Could you continue to maintain this package databricks-connect on databricks runtime > 10.4 ?

Thanks

8 REPLIES 8

LandanG
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @SERET Nathalie​ ,

Update: Databricks Connect for DBR 11.3 should hopefully be out by the end of November. For the time being Databricks-Connect will be available for each LTS DBR but that might change when other Dev Tools are released.

Also, we are currently in private preview for the DB-connect replacement, Spark Connect and there's also an official Databricks VS Code extension in preview so we have more developer tools coming soon

xiangzhu
Contributor

hi @Landan George​ 

regarding VSCode extesion, are you talk about: paiqo/Databricks-VSCode: VSCode extension to work with Databricks (github.com) ?

LandanG
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

Hi @Xiang ZHU​ , That extension is created by an external company who I don't believe Databricks has any affiliation with. Databricks is building an official extension which is in private preview so it's not available to the general public just yet

New Contributor III

Is it possible to sign up for the private preview? Should I reach out to my contact point at Databricks for that in that case?

LandanG
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@gagneri​ I'm not sure about the preview process but yeah I'd reach out to your Databricks rep

xiangzhu
Contributor

thx @Landan George​ do you have any ETA about the public preview ?

LandanG
Honored Contributor
Honored Contributor

@Xiang ZHU​ I believe the private preview has opened quite recently so I don't know if we have an ETA for the public preview yet

thx for the confirmation

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.