cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Sharing within the same region

Gilg
Contributor II

Hi Team,

I have setup UC and have a Metastore for AUE. Assigned 2 workspaces to the AUE Metastore and both with different set of users and group . 1 workspace is the data provider and the other is a data consumer

Now since 2 workspaces are in one Metastore, both can see all the shared by and shared with by the data consumer and has the same Sharing Identifier.

My question is, how can I make the data consumer workspace only see the shared with me? or better if how can I assign a new Sharing Identifier for the data consumer workspace without moving to a different region.

Cheers,

Gil

2 REPLIES 2

youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

If the two Workspaces are under the same metastore you don't need Delta Sharing because they already have access to the same data. Unless you want to do data segregation per workspace. if it's the case it's coming soon at the end of february

Ah yes, I need to do data segregation as both workspace has different source data. Will it be GA by end of February?

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.