cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

enabled the unity catalog having Premium subscription

Vivek_Singh
New Contributor III

Hello All,

I am using Premium subscription and have admin access in workspace, however I am not able to get the option to create metastore for unity catalog

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hello Ajay, I checked with my permission I have admin access, to create metastore we need global admin access. ideally it should be part of admin only

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Ajay-Pandey
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Vivek Singh Banafar​ ,

You need to be admin at subscription level for enabling the Unity Catalog.

Have you checked your permissions?

Hello Ajay, I checked with my permission I have admin access, to create metastore we need global admin access. ideally it should be part of admin only

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Vivek Singh Banafar​ 

Hope all is well! Just wanted to check in if you were able to resolve your issue and would you be happy to share the solution or mark an answer as best? Else please let us know if you need more help. 

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Hello @Vidula Khanna​ , the challenge part to enable the metastore we require global admin access, Workspace admin access would work. thanks

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Vivek Singh Banafar​, The requirements are:-

• You must be an Azure Databricks account admin.

• The first Azure Databricks account admin must be an Azure Active Directory Global Administrator when logging in to the Azure Databricks account console. Upon first login, that user becomes an Azure Databricks account admin and no longer needs the Azure Active Directory Global Administrator role to access the Azure Databricks account. The first account admin can assign users in the Azure Active Directory tenant as additional account admins (who can assign more account admins). Other account admins do not require specific roles in Azure Active Directory.

• In your Azure tenant, you must have permission to create the following:

This article provides step-by-step instructions for setting up Unity Catalog for your organization. It describes how to enable your Azure Databricks account to use Unity Catalog and how to create your first tables in Unity Catalog.

Thank you for posting your question in our community! We are happy to assist you.

To help us provide you with the most accurate information, could you please take a moment to review the responses and select the one that best answers your question?

This will also help other community members who may have similar questions. Thank you for your participation, and let us know if you need further assistance! 

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Vivek Singh Banafar​ 

Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.

Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.

Your feedback will help us ensure that we are providing the best possible service to you.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.