Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to add password to a user (with SSO enabled)

joshberry
New Contributor II

I am trying to add a non-SSO admin user to my account (not to a workspace). I have SSO backed off to Google for the majority of users.

I can create the account OK, then go in and reset the password to something, but when I try and log in I get the error "Password login disabled for <USER>"

I can't see any settings that would allow me to change this in the UI. I also tried disabling SSO and recreating the user but this had no effect

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cedric
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Josh Berry​,

Thanks for reaching out to us. According to the documentation, only the account owner will be able to login using a password once SSO is enabled. All other account admins have to login using SSO.

"Once you have enabled SSO for account admins, all account admins are required to use SSO to log in to the account console. Only the account owner can log in using their username (email address) and password."

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Cedric
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

Hi @Josh Berry​,

Thanks for reaching out to us. According to the documentation, only the account owner will be able to login using a password once SSO is enabled. All other account admins have to login using SSO.

"Once you have enabled SSO for account admins, all account admins are required to use SSO to log in to the account console. Only the account owner can log in using their username (email address) and password."

joshberry
New Contributor II

Ah, missed that bit of the docs. Thanks

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.