Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Failure to initialize configuration' on SQL Warehouse Tables

js54123875
New Contributor III

Yesterday I had a basic DLT pipeline up and running, and was able to query the hive_metastore tables successfully. The pipeline uses autloader to ingest a few csv files from cloud storage to streaming live bronze and silver tables. Today after starting the pipeline, when I click on any of the tables or try to execute a query against them, I get this error "Failure to Initialize Configuration". The pipeline is running successfully with no errors, but I am not able to query any of the streaming live tables.

image of error 

Troubleshooting attempts:

• Deleted checkpoint files
  • Deleted tables
  • Deleted schema
  • Changed the schema
  • Ran the pipeline with "Full Refresh All"
  • Created a new pipeline to run the same notebook.
  • Ran a different DLT pipeline for a different notebook and dataset. The pipeline and sql tables all work fine.

Is there a way to access a more specific error? Is there something I am missing on my troubleshooting steps that I should do to reset to clear out these errors?

UPDATE

I did some additional testing by creating a new pipeline to process the same dataset with the same notebook, but did not specify a storage location. This worked fine. So it appears this might be an issue with the Storage Location designation on the pipeline. Any suggestions on how to further troubleshoot this would be much appreciated!

imageabfss://<container>@<storage-account>.dfs.core.windows.net/

2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

@John Lourdu​ This error is raised since no access configuration setup for the storage container. Access can be setup using any of the following methods and per your use case. Please refer to this document for additional details.

• Unity Catalog managed external locations
  • Azure service principals
  • SAS tokens
  • Account keys

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Jennette Shepard​ 

Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.

Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.

Your feedback will help us ensure that we are providing the best possible service to you.

Thank you!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.