Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

liormayn
by New Contributor II
  • 5 replies
  • 3 kudos

OSError: [Errno 78] Remote address changed

Hello:)as part of deploying an app that previously ran directly on emr to databricks, we are running experiments using LTS 9.1, and getting the following error: PythonException: An exception was thrown from a UDF: 'pyspark.serializers.SerializationEr...

• 5 replies
  • 3 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 3 kudos

Hi @liormayn , I can understand. I see the fix went on 20 March 2024, you would have to restart the clusters. Thanks!

• 3 kudos
4 More Replies
Databricks_S
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

issue related to Cluster Policy

Hello Databricks Community,I am currently working on creating a Terraform script to provision clusters in Databricks. However, I've noticed that by default, the clusters created using Terraform have the policy set to "Unrestricted."I would like to co...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Walter_C
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hello, many thanks for your question, on the cluster creation template there is an optional setting called policy_id, this id can be retrieved from the UI, if you go under Compute > Policies > Select the policy you want to set.By default if the user ...

• 0 kudos
TinasheChinyati
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Stream to stream join NullPointerException

I have a DLT pipeline running in continous mode. I have a stream to stream join which runs for the first 5hrs but then fails with a Null Pointer Exception. I need assistance to know what I need to do to handle this. my code is structured as below:@dl...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Ikanip
by New Contributor
  • 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

How to choose a compute, and how to find alternatives for the current compute being used?

We are using a compute for an Interactive Cluster in Production which incurs X amount of cost. We want to know what are the options available to use with near about the same processing power as the current compute but incur a cost of Y, which is less...

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
raphaelblg
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Hello @Ikanip , You can utilize the Databricks Pricing Calculator to estimate costs. For detailed information on compute capacity, please refer to your cloud provider's documentation regarding Virtual Machine instance types.

• 0 kudos
3 More Replies
scottbisaillon
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks Running Jobs and Terraform

What happens to a currently running job when a workspace is deployed again using Terraform? Are the jobs paused/resumed, or are they left unaffected without any down time? Searching for this specific scenario doesn't seem to come up with anything and...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
ChristopherS5
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Step-by-step guide to creating a Unity Catalog in Azure Databricks.

Hello everyone,There isn't an official document outlining the step-by-step procedure for enabling Unity Catalog in Azure Databricks.If anyone has created documentation or knows the process, please share it here.Thank you in advance.

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
PL_db
New Contributor III
  • 0 kudos

Setup Unity Catalog on Azure Unity Catalog best practices Which guidance/procedure are you missing?

• 0 kudos
Hubcap7700
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Native Slack Integration

Hi,Are there any plans to build native slack integration? I'm envisioning a one-time connector to Slack that would automatically populate all channels and users to select to use for example when configuring an alert notification. It is does not seem ...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Hubcap7700, If you have any further details or specific requirements, feel free to share, and I’ll be happy to assist! 

• 0 kudos
sujan1
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

requirements.txt with cluster libraries

Cluster libraries are supported from version 15.0 - Databricks Runtime 15.0 | Databricks on AWS.How can I specify requirements.txt file path in the libraries in a job cluster in my workflow? Can I use relative path? Is it relative from the root of th...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

To specify the requirements.txt file path for libraries in a job cluster workflow in Databricks, you have a few options. Let’s break it down: Upload the requirements.txt File: First, upload your requirements.txt file to your Databricks workspace....

• 0 kudos
Abhay_1002
by New Contributor
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Archive file support in Jar Type application

In my spark application, I am using set of python libraries. I am submitting spark application as Jar Task. But I am not able to find any option provide Archive Files.So, in order to handle python dependencies, I am using approach:Create archive file...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Abhay_1002,  Using --py-files Argument: When submitting a Spark application, you can use the --py-files argument to add Python files (including .zip or .egg archives) to be distributed with your application1. However, this approach is typical...

• 0 kudos
EirikMa
by New Contributor II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

UTF-8 troubles in DLT

Issues with UTF-8 in DLTI am having issues with UTF-8 in DLT:I have tried to set the spark config on the cluster running the DLT pipeline:  I have fixed this with normal compute under advanced settings like this:spark.conf.set("spark.driver.extraJava...

EirikMa_0-1711360526822.png EirikMa_1-1711361452104.png
Community Discussions
data engineering
  • 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
EirikMa
New Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hi @Kaniz! Sorry for a long wait...The problem is not the columns or the data itself, the UTF-8 option for csv is working fine. The issue is with table_names not being compatible it seems. If I run the query through Auto Loader outside DLT and use ba...

• 0 kudos
1 More Replies
mderela
by New Contributor II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Databricks bundles - good practice for multiprocessing envs

I'm seeking advice regarding Databricks bundles. In my scenario, I have multiple production environments where I aim to execute the same DLT. To simplify, let's assume the DLT reads data from 'eventhub-region-name,' with this being the only differing...

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
Kaniz
Community Manager
  • 0 kudos

Hi @mderela, When dealing with Databricks bundles in a multi-environment setup, there are some best practices you can follow to ensure smooth execution and maintainable code. Let’s explore a couple of recommendations: Parameterization and Configu...

• 0 kudos
tim-mcwilliams
by New Contributor
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Notebook cell gets hung up but code completes

Have been running into an issue when running a pymc-marketing model in a Databricks notebook. The cell that fits the model gets hung up and the progress bar stops moving, however the code completes and dumps all needed output into a folder. After the...

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
GeKo
by New Contributor II
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

column "storage_sub_directory" is now always NULL in system.information_schema.tables

Hello,I am running a job that depends on the information provided in column storage_sub_directory in system.information_schema.tables .... and it worked until 1-2 weeks ago.Now I discovered in the doc that this column is deprecated and always null , ...

Community Discussions
Unity Catalog
unitycatalog
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos
Latest Reply
NandiniN
Valued Contributor II
  • 0 kudos

Hello, Linking the documentation - https://docs.databricks.com/en/sql/language-manual/information-schema/tables.html#definition STORAGE_SUB_DIRECTORY STRING Yes No Deprecated. Always NULL.

• 0 kudos
2 More Replies