cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Account Verification Code

anishr
New Contributor II

There's a recent change in the way users in my company workspace now log in to Databricks.

When logging into an instance I get the prompt to check my email with a OTP that can be used to login after entering the password.

Email body as follows:

Account Verification Code.Continue to your Databricks account by entering the verification code below. The code will expire soon.

I'm confused as to how this was enabled as I as an admin did not, and am unable to find a resource that would let me swap the email method for a MFA app method (if available).

2 REPLIES 2

anishr
New Contributor II

Hi Kaniz,

Thanks for the info. I got our account admin to have a look at some correspondence from Databricks and saw that the change happened on the 10th of July.

Just hoping MFA does get implemented at some point as its more convenient.

Cheers,

Anish Reddy

New Contributor II

Hi @Retired_mod Is there a way to disable signing in with email OTPs and continue using only passwords? If so, please provide the steps. Thanks!

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group