cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure Databricks Assistant and Private Link

Matt4
New Contributor III

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone is using the Databricks Assistant using the standard private link configuration of their network.

Kind of curious how data is passed from the Databricks Workspace, in a private link configuration, to the Azure OpenAI service, that the assistant is using.  And curious how that is secured (or not), assuming it is sending the metadata over the internet somehow and from somewhere.  Trying to understand the level of risk and change required to make the assistant work.

Any insight would be great, can't find any documentation to describe how this works

Thanks in advance

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Matt4
New Contributor III

I asked our SA at Databricks. AWS is different if anyone is looking for that answer

• Azure Open AI connects to the control plane
  • It doe not use private endpoints, though since you are an Azure customer, the traffic stays on the Azure global network (no public internet).  

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

Yeshwanth
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Matt4 please check this https://www.databricks.com/blog/introducing-databricks-assistant

Let us know if it helps.

Matt4
New Contributor III

I kind of know how it works (which is what that blog details) and the types of data it is using.

I am after the specifics of the network configurations on Azure OpenAI and Azure Databricks in a private link configuration

Yeshwanth
Valued Contributor
Valued Contributor

@Matt4 okay, we might need to check this with the Azure Network team?

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey there! Thanks a bunch for being part of our awesome community! 🎉 

We love having you around and appreciate all your questions. Take a moment to check out the responses – you'll find some great info. Your input is valuable, so pick the best solution for you. And remember, if you ever need more help , we're here for you! 

Keep being awesome! 😊🚀

Matt4
New Contributor III

I asked our SA at Databricks. AWS is different if anyone is looking for that answer

• Azure Open AI connects to the control plane
  • It doe not use private endpoints, though since you are an Azure customer, the traffic stays on the Azure global network (no public internet).  

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.