cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Azure Pipeline Release Bundle Validate Failure

TheManOfSteele
New Contributor III

Hello,

I am trying to create a CI/CD pipeline. After the build pipeline, I am trying to create a release to databricks that runs a notebook. I am trying to run this as a service principal. During the bundle validate step I am getting this error. "

Error: failed during request visitor: default auth: cannot configure default credentials," 

Here are the environment variables I am using. 
TheManOfSteele_0-1722516587122.png

It will work when I use a personal databricks token, but the failure comes when we try to run this as a service principal. What could be going wrong here?

Thank you,

Zach Steele

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @TheManOfSteele, It sounds like you're facing an authentication issue with a service principal in your Databricks CI/CD pipeline. To resolve this, ensure that your service principal is correctly configured with the necessary permissions, and double-check the environment variables like `DATABRICKS_HOST`, `AZURE_CLIENT_ID`, `AZURE_TENANT_ID`, and `AZURE_CLIENT_SECRET` are properly set. Make sure your Databricks CLI is configured with these credentials, using a `.databrickscfg` file if necessary, and confirm that the token for the service principal is valid and not expired. Also, verify that there are no network or DNS issues and that the service principal has the required permissions to access the Databricks workspace. 

If you continue to face issues, you might find additional insights in the Stack Overflow discussion on similar problems.

Feel free to share more details or any specific error messages you encounter, and I’ll be happy to assist further!

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group