cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dashboard update through API

pawelzak
New Contributor III

Hi,

I would like to create / update dashboard definition based on the json file. How can one do it? I tried the following:

1. databricks api post /api/2.0/preview/sql/dashboards/$dashboard_id --json @file.json
    But it does not update the widgets
  2. databricks api get /api/2.0/workspace/export --json '{"path": "/Shared/t1"}'
    Got the following result: "Error: dbsqlDashboard is not user-facing."

How can this be solved, I need to be able to create / update the dashboards programatically...

Regards,

Pawel

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

pawelzak
New Contributor III

Hi @Kaniz_Fatma,

This situation presents significant challenges for our organization. How can we replicate dashboards across workspaces? Are there alternatives such as SDKs, Terraform, or anything similar? This seems like a fundamental use case, and it's surprising that Databricks doesn't support it, especially considering that extracting the definition is possible.

Apologies for creating duplicate tickets, but I've observed that follow-up questions often go unanswered in the Databricks community threads and this issue is critical for my organization.

Thank you,

Pawel

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!