cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Databricks Spot Instance: Completion Guarantee

a_user12
New Contributor

Databricks allows to use spot instances for worker nodes.

a_user12_5-1719901164567.png

I consider to use them for interactive clusters. Do I have a gurantee that code will be completed without any errors even if spot instances are evicted? I would accept execution delays but no errors.

Here, it is just stated:

Spot instances are a good choice for workloads where it is acceptable to take longer because one or more spot instances have been evicted by the cloud provider.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Giri-Patcham
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

A job might fail when spot instances are evicted immediately or more frequently during shuffle operations.

Thanks

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

Giri-Patcham
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

A job might fail when spot instances are evicted immediately or more frequently during shuffle operations.

Thanks

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!