cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How to install private repository as package dependency in Databricks Workflow

Junda
New Contributor II

I am a member of the development team in our company and we use Databricks as sort of like ETL tool. We utilize git integration for our program and run Workflow daily basis. Recently, we created another company internal private git repository and want to automatically install/use these packages in our program. I know we can install private repository by specifying repository URL with authentication information in requirements.txt as follows.

ใƒปgit+https://<your-username>:<your-token>@github.com/<your-username>/<your-private-repo>.git@main#egg=<package-name>
ใƒปgit+ssh://git@github.com/<your-username>/<your-private-repo>.git@main#egg=<package-name>

However, these methods are the ways tied to the individual, so I suppose it's not suitable for large project. ใ€€

I found there is this token called "Deploy Token" which does not tie to individual account, rather links to specific repository, but apparently you need to store secret key into cluster every time you run Workflow.

Is there any ways to install/use packages in private repository for another program, or is there any missing ideas/features that I don't know about Databricks?

0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group