cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

I have questions about "Premium Automated Serverless Compute - Promo DBU."

l0ginp
New Contributor III

"Premium Automated Serverless Compute - Promo DBU" expenses arise from what, how can I disable it, and why are the costs so high?

In the picture, I am using Azure

l0ginp_2-1717951633113.png

Thank you in advance for the advice ๐Ÿ˜ƒ

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

l0ginp
New Contributor III
Hello everyone!
Currently, I found that over 90% of the cost from "Premium Automated Serverless Compute - Promo DBU" is due to Databricks Materialized View working with Job + SQL Warehouse Serverless. I have now resolved the issue by discontinuing the use of Materialized View and reverting to using a regular Delta Table. I noticed that the associated cost has almost entirely disappeared.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

I guess you have Serverless Compute public preview enabled.
https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/admin/workspace-settings/serverless

You can switch it off, or use classic compute.

l0ginp
New Contributor III
Hello everyone!
Currently, I found that over 90% of the cost from "Premium Automated Serverless Compute - Promo DBU" is due to Databricks Materialized View working with Job + SQL Warehouse Serverless. I have now resolved the issue by discontinuing the use of Materialized View and reverting to using a regular Delta Table. I noticed that the associated cost has almost entirely disappeared.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group