cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Installation of python module nevergrad with R package reticulate fails

Janpie
New Contributor

I'm trying to run Robyn in Databricks but it fails since the python module nevergrad fails to install properly using the r package reticulate. This code still worked properly about 1,5 months ago so maybe the issue is on some new update in databricks?

Running on 13.3 LTS and tested now also on 14.3 clusters with R libraries Robyn and reticulate preinstalled

library(reticulate)
py_install("nevergrad")
reticulate::py_config()

py_module_available("nevergrad")
#should show TRUE now shows FALSE

py_module_available("numpy")
#shows TRUE as should

This causes the Robyn pipeline to fail. Any ideas how to fix the installation of nevergrad?

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Janpie ,  try updating `pip` with `system("pip3 install --upgrade pip")`, clearing the reticulate state using `reticulate:::rm_all_reticulate_state()`, and then install `nevergrad` directly via `pip` with `system("pip3 install nevergrad")`. Ensure that `reticulate` is using the correct Python environment by specifying the path with `reticulate::use_python("/databricks/python3/bin/python3")` and check the installation with `py_module_available("nevergrad")`. 

Let me know if you need further assistance or if there’s anything else I can help with!

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group