cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Question regarding permission of azure databricks account console

kaihuGFS
New Contributor II

We are facing an issue while onboarding pipelines to Azure Databricks.

Our Databricks environment is deployed on an Azure subscription where all of us have owner permissions. However, we're encountering problems when trying to access the Azure Databricks Account Console.

Here's a summary of the situation:

• A few months ago, one team member created two databricks workspaces.
  • This week, I created a new workspace.
  • After I created the new workspace, he removed his two workspaces.

Now, I can see the account login page, but when I try to access the Account Console, I’m redirected to the workspace page and asked to contact the admin for access. Additionally, the "Manage Account" tab is not visible on the workspace page.

Who should have access to account console?

Could you please help us resolve this issue?

3 REPLIES 3

MaximeGendre
New Contributor III

Hello, 
Databricks admin account console is not linked to your Azure subscriptions.
If you are owner of your sub, you will be admin of the workspaces instanciated in the sub. That's all.
You need to find the identified Databricks admin for your company and ask him accesses to the console.

PS : redirection to a workspace is the default behaviour when you are not authorized to access the account console

Hi

Thanks for answering,

I have checked the role of this workspaces. I am owner role.

kaihuGFS_0-1726017663005.png

However, I don't have access to account console.

Hi @kaihuGFS ,

It doesn't matter that you're workspace admin. Account level requires different set of premissons. To setup Unity Catalog you need to have global admin role on your tenant. Once you finished setting up Unity Catalog, you can then assign account admin or metastore admin roles to different groups/users.

So, in your case you need to find someone in your orgnianization that's account admin of your UC. He should assign you a proper role and then you'll be able to see "Manage account" page.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group