cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Azure Container Does Not Exist" when cloning repositories in Azure Databricks

ptco
New Contributor II

Good Morning, I need some help with the following issue:

I created a new Azure Databricks resource using the vnet-injection procedure. (here)

I then proceeded to link my Azure Devops account using a personal account token. 

If I try to clone a repository I get an error message saying:

The Azure container does not exist

From other occurrences of the same error message in the community I seem to understand that this is something associated with the Unity Catalog, however even when I remove the workspace from the Unity Catalog I get the same error.

Many Thanks

4 REPLIES 4

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @ptco

• Let’s check a few things:
    • Ensure that your Azure DevOps account token is correctly configured in your Databricks workspace.
    • Verify that the repository you’re trying to clone exists and is accessible.
    • Double-check the Unity Catalog settings to ensure there are no lingering references causing the issue.

ptco
New Contributor II

Hi @Kaniz_Fatma many thanks for your reply.

I have verified that repository works in another (older) databricks workspace. When I try to clone into a new databricks instance, it creates subfolders but won't copy the files. I have attached a screencap of the error message for your convenience.

How do I check the Unity Catalog settings for lingering references? The account admin removed this workspace from the Unity Catalog, is there anywhere else where we should be looking at?

orophile_user
New Contributor II

Any solution to this, I too facing same issue

NandiniN
Honored Contributor

There are three possible causes. 

• The Azure container might not have been properly created when the workspace was provisioned.
  • The Azure container might have been deleted or moved after it was created.
  • There might be a problem with the permissions or roles assigned to the user or service principal trying to access the Azure container.

In your case it seems to be the permission issue or if the container is deleted. 

There are a couple of potential solutions:

• If the workspace is new, you could delete and create a new workspace. This might solve the issue if the problem was caused by an error during the provisioning process.
  • You could also reach out to the PG team to investigate what happened during the provisioning of the workspace and why the Azure container was not created.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group