Administration & Architecture
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Struggling with UC Volume Paths

_YSF
New Contributor II

I am trying to setup my volumes and give them paths in the data lake but I keep getting this message:
Input path url 'abfss://my-container@my-storage-account.dfs.core.windows.net/' overlaps with managed storage within 'CreateVolume' call

There WAS something that may have overlapped with that path, but it's been deleted out of UC, I logged out and logged in. But yeah doing the exact same thing in a different catalog seems to work, but here it's just stopped working. Anyone have ideas on what might be going wrong?

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @_YSFThe error message "Input path URL'  abyss://my-container@my-storage-account.dfs.core.windows.net/' overlaps with managed storage within' CreateVolume' call" suggests that there is an issue with setting up volumes and giving them paths in the data lake. 

Based on the provided information, the problem might be related to incorrect credentials or ABFS path. Here are some possible solutions:

1. Verify Credentials: Ensure the credentials (such as the client ID) used to access the ABFS data are correct. Double-check the values of the properties fs.azure.account.oauth2.client.id and other related properties.

2. Check ABFS Path: Ensure that the ABFS path you are trying to access exists. Verify the correctness of the ABFS path, including the container name and storage account name.

3. Debug Log: Enable the debug log to get more information about the issue. The debug log may provide a stack trace that can help identify the root cause of the problem.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.