cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Administration & Architecture
Explore discussions on Databricks administration, deployment strategies, and architectural best practices. Connect with administrators and architects to optimize your Databricks environment for performance, scalability, and security.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Terraform for Databricks

Snoonan
Contributor

Hi all,

I can't find guidance on how to create a Databricks access connector for connecting catalogs to external data locations, using Terraform.

Also, I want to create my catalogs, set-up external locations etc using Terraform. Has anyone got a good resource for doing this and tips on how to go about it?

Thanks,

Sean

2 REPLIES 2

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @Snoonan, Creating a Databricks access connector for connecting catalogs to external data locations using Terraform is a great way to manage your Databricks workspaces and associated cloud infrastructure.

Letโ€™s break it down:

1. Databricks Access Connector with Terraform:

• You can use the azurerm_databricks_access_connector resource in Terraform to manage your Databricks access connectors. Hereโ€™s an example usage:

resource "azurerm_resource_group" "example" {
        name     = "example-resources"
        location = "West Europe"
      }

resource "azurerm_databricks_access_connector" "example" {
        name               = "example-resource"
        resource_group_name = azurerm_resource_group.example.name
        location           = azurerm_resource_group.example.location
        identity {
          type = "SystemAssigned"
        }
        tags = {
          Environment = "Production"
        }
      }

• The azurerm_databricks_access_connector resource allows you to specify the name, resource group, loc...1.

2. Databricks Terraform Provider:

3. Granting Access to Managed Identity:

4. Additional Resources:

Remember to adapt the example code to your specific requirements, and feel free to ask if you need further assistance! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Thank you,

This worked for me.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group