Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ubuntu 22 ODBC Connectivity Issue with PHP - SQL error: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib

ParameshM
New Contributor

Dear Friends,

I'm having trouble connecting to Databricks ODBC from Ubuntu 22. I followed the steps documented here: https://docs.databricks.com/en/integrations/jdbc-odbc-bi.html#odbc-linux

Here is my odbc.ini file:

[ODBC Data Sources]
Databricks=Databricks ODBC Connector

[Databricks]
Driver=/opt/simba/spark/lib/64/libsparkodbc_sb64.so
Host=server.cloud.databricks.com
Port=443
HTTPPath=sql/protocolv1/o/path/path_value
ThriftTransport=2
SSL=1
AuthMech=3
UID=token
PWD=TokenValuePastedInConfig

I installed unixodbc and the Simba spark drivers - no issues during the installation. When I try to connect though, I keep getting the following error, and I gave up searching for answers online:

odbc_connect(): SQL error: [unixODBC][Driver Manager]Can't open lib '\/opt\/simba\/spark\/lib\/64\/libsparkodbc_sb64.so' : file not found, SQL state 01000 in SQLConnect

Need help from someone who has successfully connected to ODBC from Ubuntu, if I'm doing something wrong - thanks for your help!

Note - The connection works in Windows

0 REPLIES 0
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.