Administration & Architecture
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unable to list service principal in Job details RUN AS

diego_poggioli
Contributor

I added the service principal in Admin Settings > Service Principal and then enabled all the Configurations "allow cluster creation", "databricks SQL access" and "workspace access". In the Permission settings I have enabled "Service principal: Manager" and "Service principal: User" following the doc here 

However in the Job when I try to change the "Run As" field the Service Principal is not listed with the messages:

• "We couldn't find service principals you can bind to job"
  • "There are no service principals provisioned in this workspace or you don't have the permissions to bind any of them to a job. Please contact your workspace or account administrator to create and manage service principals."

What am I missing?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

For future readers - don't forget to add your email (e.g. me@foo.com) in the Service Principals permissions tab. This way, you will be able to see the newly-created service principal in the dropdown menu.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Diego, I was unable to reproduce this ... can you hard-reload the Service Principles settings page and verify that the job owner in fact has "User" permissions on the SP?

BilalAslamDbrx_1-1693918778111.png

What do you mean by "hard-reload the Service Principles settings page"? 

In the service principal Permissions tab I see the attached snip but the SP is not listed in the dropdown menu when I try to change the Run as.

BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

Can you share screenshots with me at bilal do aslam at databricks dot com?

Will do, thanks Bilal for your support!

BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor II
Honored Contributor II

For future readers - don't forget to add your email (e.g. me@foo.com) in the Service Principals permissions tab. This way, you will be able to see the newly-created service principal in the dropdown menu.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.