Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Administration & Architecture
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What happens to the Workspace when deleting the user that created that workspace

Swoops
New Contributor II

Hi,

Background:

In Azure-Datebricks:

We have a personal account that created a workspace, this workspace is our main workspace. The users Microsoft Office account is already deleted but the user still exist in Databricks.

Question 1 is:

• What happens to this workspace if we delete the User? Will the Workspace be deleted?

Question 2 is:

• Is it possible to change Workspace own to another account i.e. a service account.  If so how?

Question 3 is:

• Is it possible to change Cluster-owner too? If so, how?

Best regards!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

arpit
Contributor III
Contributor III
  • What happens to this workspace if we delete the User from workspace? Will the Workspace be deleted? → Workspace will not get deleted. It will continue to function.
  • Is it possible to change Workspace own to another account i.e. a service account. If so how? → We need to reach out to DB support to change the workspace owner.
  • Is it possible to change Cluster-owner too? If so, how? → You can use the change owner API

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

arpit
Contributor III
Contributor III
  • What happens to this workspace if we delete the User from workspace? Will the Workspace be deleted? → Workspace will not get deleted. It will continue to function.
  • Is it possible to change Workspace own to another account i.e. a service account. If so how? → We need to reach out to DB support to change the workspace owner.
  • Is it possible to change Cluster-owner too? If so, how? → You can use the change owner API
Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.