cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 
Announcements
Stay up-to-date with the latest announcements from Databricks. Learn about product updates, new features, and important news that impact your data analytics workflow.
cancel
Showing results forĀ 
Search instead forĀ 
Did you mean:Ā 

Supernovas, Black Holes and Streaming Data

Sujitha
Community Manager
Community Manager

A Journey in Space With Apache Kafka and the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform

This blog post is a follow-up to the session From Supernovas to LLMs at Data + AI Summit 2024, where I demonstrated how anyone can consume and process publicly available NASA satellite data from Apache Kafka.

Unlike most Kafka demos, which are not easily reproducible or rely on simulated data, I will show how to analyze a live data stream from NASA's publicly accessible Gamma-ray Coordinates Network (GCN) which integrates data from supernovas and black holes coming from various satellites.

While it's possible to craft a solution using only open source Apache Sparkā„¢ and Apache Kafka, I will show the significant advantages of using the Databricks Data Intelligence Platform for this task. Also, the source code for both approaches will be provided.

The solution built on the Data Intelligence Platform leverages Delta Live Tables with serverless compute for data ingestion and transformation, Unity Catalog for data governance and metadata management, and the power of AI/BI Genie for natural language querying and visualization of the NASA data stream. The blog also showcases the power of Databricks Assistant for the generation of complex SQL transformations, debugging and documentation.

Continue to read more.

0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonā€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnā€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group