cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Community Platform Discussions
Connect with fellow community members to discuss general topics related to the Databricks platform, industry trends, and best practices. Share experiences, ask questions, and foster collaboration within the community.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Alert Notifications not firing. Inconsistent Success Rate

DangEdmond
New Contributor

Hi there,

I have a few alerts for a query where if the column is set to >= 1, it will send an email notification to me and 2 others. The 2 individuals are already added as a destination.

The query works because the results are populating that column with 1's as intended. However, the alert(s) don't seem to be working. These are the current settings for the alert(s):

• Trigger condition: column >= 1
  • When alert is triggered: Send notification just once, until back to normal
  • When alert is back to normal: Do not send notification
  • Template: Set to custom notification template
  • Refresh: Every 1 day

The notification should've fired on July 5th as that's when we received the trigger. The last time the notification was fired was back on June 3rd. The alert has a "TRIGGERED" tag. Another alert that I created also should've fired but didn't and that alert's tag was "OK".

I feel like these alerts don't work consistently and im never sure why. Please help!

DangEdmond_0-1688668539844.png

DangEdmond_1-1688668576523.png

p.s., ignore the refresh rate in the screenshots, just assume its every 1 day. They used to be Every 1 day when the notification didn't fire. I just changed it to Every 1 hour.

1 REPLY 1

ashettyajith
New Contributor II

I'm facing the same issue.

Don't see anything missing but still no emails even when status of the alert is triggered.

@DangEdmond did you find the solution?

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group