cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Access Control/Management Question

hr959
New Contributor II

I have two workspaces made with the same account using same metastore and region, and I want the second workspace to be able to access only certain rows of tables from data held in the first workspace based on a user group condition. Is this possible? How would I go about achieving this? 

2 REPLIES 2

hr959
New Contributor II

Sorry, forgot to mention! When I tried delta sharing, all my workspaces have the same sharing identifier so the data never actually showed up in the "shared with me", and then I wasn't able to access the data I shared. It was in "shared by me" in both workspaces. 

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @hr959, Access control lists (ACLs) can be used to achieve fine-grained access control in Databricks.

ACLs require the Premium plan or above. You can manage entitlements through the workspace admin settings page or APIsFor more details, refer to the Databricks documentation on access control.

For your added query, 

• Double-check the sharing process to ensure youโ€™re sharing from the correct workspace.
  • If the issue persists, consider re-sharing the table with a unique identifier.
  • Use distinct sharing identifiers, and you should be able to access the data correctly in the recipient workspace.
  • If you need further assistance, feel free to ask! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group