cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any plans to provide Databricks SQL / Alerts API

dimsh
Contributor

Hi, Databricks! 

You are my favorite Big Data tool, but I've recently faced an issue I didn't expect to have. 

For our agriculture customers, we're trying to use Databricks SQL Platform to keep our data accurate all day. We use Alerts to validate our data pipelines. Since we can use only one column (metric) for one alert, we have to maintain 50+ alerts, which is really hard to do in production daily. So we've tried to automate this process and realized that Databricks SQL doesn't provide REST API for managing alert objects. 

Any plans to provide it in the future? 

3 REPLIES 3

User16873043099
Contributor

Hello, This is already in pipeline and is expected to release in next few weeks.

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

It could be helpful, especially for automating deploying alerts between environments.

As a workaround, I see the solution to at least maintain query via API, which is possible now, and to have a more general question as in the databricks example:

SELECT CASE WHEN drafts_count > 10000 AND archived_count > 5000 THEN 1 ELSE 0 END
FROM (
   SELECT sum(CASE WHEN is_archived THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS archived_count,
                 sum(CASE WHEN is_draft THEN 1 ELSE 0 END) AS drafts_count
   FROM queries) data

Vidula
Honored Contributor

Hi @Dmytro Imshenetskyi​ 

Does @Hubert Dudek​  response answer your question? If yes, would you be happy to mark it as best so that other members can find the solution more quickly?

We'd love to hear from you.

Thanks!

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.