cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asset bundle doesn't sync files to workspace

JonathanFlint
New Contributor

I've created a completely fresh project with a completely empty workspace

Locally I have the databricks CLI version 0.230.0 installed

I run

databricks bundle init default-python

I have auth set up with a PAT generated by an account which has workspace admin. when I run bundle deploy it deploys the resources and jobs, and created the pipeline but does not sync the src folder and files to the workspace and it does not give an error.

The resources which do deploy when viewed in the workspace give an error saying the source code for them cant be found in the workspace.

If I add a sync block to the databricks.yml file at the top level

sync:
  include:
    - src/**
and run validate I get 

Warning: Pattern src\** does not match any files
at sync.include[0]
in databricks.yml:11:7

Warning: There are no files to sync, please check your .gitignore

I've tried all possible formatting of src I can think of and always get the same error, I've tried 

src, src/, src/*, .src, .src/, .src/*, src/*.ipynb

nothing works and nothing I do other than manually syncing my entire directory with a manual databricks bundle sync or vscode extension sync actually pushes the files to the remote workspace.

After I manually sync the files the errors on the resources in the workspace disappear

The only thing I changed was the catalogue being used by the dlt pipeline in my_project.pipline.yml file to use an existing catalogue because the workspace is enabled for UC instead of the hive_metastore

I've also tried adding the include to the top level include mapping

bundle:
  name: my_project

include:
  - resources/*.yml

Lost an entire day to this now and I can't figure out why the basic template generated by the cli itself doesn't deploy any notebooks or other files.

0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group