cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

AWS Config price raised after change to Job Compute

NickCBZ
New Contributor

I was looking for opportunities to decrease the cost of my Databricks ETLs and, following the documentation, I started to use Job Computes on my ETLs.

Earlier, I used only all-purpose compute to do the ETLs because I needed them to run every 10minutes and the time to start a cluster wouldn't allow me to do so.

So I changed my ETLs to use the all-purpose from 7:00 am to 11:00 pm in workdays and use a job compute on weekend or late night, changing schedule to 1 hour.

After that, my Databricks and my EC2 cost dropped a significantly, but the "config" cost on AWS spiked, going from $0.10 to $3.80 per day. I searched a lot and this simply doesn't make sense, because I only have 3 jobs running with a 1-hour schedule. In AWS Billing, this cost is described as "AWS Config ConfigurationItemRecorded", with thousands of configurations in just 2 days.

How can I fix this? 

0 REPLIES 0

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group