cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can not access SQL files in the Shared workspace

nyehia
Contributor

Hey,

we have an issue in that we can access the SQL files whenever the notebook is in the repo path but whenever the CICD pipeline imports the repo notebooks and SQL files to the shared workspace, we can list the SQL files but can not read them.

we changed the file permissions and still getting the same error.

the error is OSError: [Errno 95] Operation not supported

Thanks

19 REPLIES 19

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Nermin Yehia​ that's great, if you add that extension and re-execute are we able to read sql data

@karthik p​ I tried to move the files manually and i got that warning

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Nermin Yehia​ yes, as you are moving files to different location manually , just update as can manage permissions in target and that should take care of everything

I moved the files using import_dir, we need to automate the process.

when i list using workspace ls command i get this

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Nermin Yehia​ yes that seems to be correct behavior, as you are seeing type of your files, but can you also upgrade cli to new version and see, else that is current behavior image.png

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!