cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Connecting from Databricks to Network Path

MathewDRitch
New Contributor II

Hi All,

Will appreciate if someone can help me with some references links on connecting from Databricks to external network path. I have Databricks on AWS and previously used to connect to files on external network path using Mount method. Now Databricks does not recommend mounts but recommends Unity Catalog Volumes, but there are no references of using Unity Catalog Volumes to connecting on-premise network folders. Can someone guide in case that it can be achieved? 

3 REPLIES 3

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

how did you connect to the storage?  did you mount it on the cluster with an init script?

MathewDRitch
New Contributor II

Currently we connect to the cloud storages as external storages using unity catalog. We have not yet connected to the on-premise network storages, which is currently the solution we are looking for. 

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

I don't think that it is possible at the moment.  UC focuses on cloud data.
You might want to try to use Minio, but apparently UC does not support Minio yet
Pity, because that would be an awesome solution.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group