cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Connecting Power BI to Delta Share: Error on data retrieval

Gobo
New Contributor II

Hi everybody,

sharing data with an access token and Databricks Connector works fine in Power BI (desktop). Now we wanted to switch to Delta Sharing.

We setup a delta share to distribute data via open share to anyone outside our organization. Unity Catalog, Delta Share and recipient are up and running.

We shared the endpoint information and bearer token with the actual recipient who started Power BI using the Delta Sharing connector. The Power BI Navigator shows the correct table to share.

Problem:

Clicking on data preview or trying to load data ends up in an error (unexpected error concerning ParquetSharp).

I’m suspicious about myself missing an essential part? How do I tell the Delta Share which cluster to use/spin up, when the client triggers the data request in Power BI via Delta Sharing?

pb_error.jpg

1 REPLY 1

Gobo
New Contributor II

Hi everybody,

for anybody running into the same issue.

It is a bug in the current Power Bi version (2.121.644.0). I reverted back to the April release (2.116.404.0), which does work as expected.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.