Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Cosmos db spark patch api

Soma
Valued Contributor

Hi all we are trying to do cosmos patch api to a array field but the problem I see is we need to collect the data to get the index can you please let us know if we have an alternative as this causes bottleneck on driver

5 REPLIES 5

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi, Could you please clarify on the API as only below API SDKs are available for Azure cosmos DB.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/azure/databricks/external-data/cosmosdb-connector

• SQL API
  • MongoDB API
  • Cassandra API
  • Graph (Gremlin) API
  • Table API

Also, please tag @Debayanโ€‹ with your next response which will notify me. Thank you!

Soma
Valued Contributor

We are using SQL api and will try to patch for a array element at a particular index which is also part of the colโ€‹umn value so we have to do a collect and get the index of array and set the array index property and then do the patch @Debayan Mukherjeeโ€‹ 

Debayan
Esteemed Contributor III
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @somanath Sankaranโ€‹ , Azure Cosmos DB APIs are supported by Microsoft Azure, could you also please engage Azure team on this?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @somanath Sankaranโ€‹ 

Thank you for your question! To assist you better, please take a moment to review the answer and let me know if it best fits your needs.

Please help us select the best solution by clicking on "Select As Best" if it does.

Your feedback will help us ensure that we are providing the best possible service to you. Thank you!

Soma
Valued Contributor

No still waiting for response thanks โ€‹

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.