Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Creating an ADLS storage credential for an AWS Workspace

AndyKeel
New Contributor II

I'd like to create a storage credential for an Azure Storage Account in an AWS workspace. I then plan to use this storage credential to create an external volume.

Is this possible, and if so what are the steps? Thanks for any help!

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AndyKeel, Yes, it is possible to create a storage credential for an Azure Storage Account in an AWS workspace and then use this storage credential to create an external volume. 

Here are the steps:

Create a Storage Credential for Azure Storage Account:

Create an External Volume in AWS Workspace:

Please note that you need to have the necessary permissions to create storage credentials and extern.... Also, remember to grant access to the storage credential to the necessary users or groups.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any other questions. ๐Ÿ˜Š

AndyKeel
New Contributor II

Thanks for your help.
I'm struggling to create the Storage Credential. I have created a managed identity via an Azure Databricks Access Connector and am making an API call based on what I'm reading in the API docs: Create a storage credential | Storage Credentials API | REST API reference | Azure Databricks
The error response is just "INTERAL_ERROR" with no further description. I suspect there's some adjustment I need to make to my request to cover the fact that this is an AWS workspace, but I'm not seeing it documented anywhere.

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AndyKeel, By default, IAM users donโ€™t have permissions for WorkSpaces resources and operations. To allow IAM users to manage WorkSpaces resources, you must create an IAM policy that explicitly gra...

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.