cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Databrick IP address

swathiG
New Contributor II

I'm trying to call api in databricks notebook .But while calling  api inside databricks notebook  it is giving error saying "403" forbidden. 
I think it seems issue with IP address 
can any one help me to know which IP of databricks need to be whitelisted in order to call api and where can I find it.

swathiG_0-1718859645301.png

7 REPLIES 7

jacovangelder
Contributor III

Might be worth adding what public cloud you are on and if you are using secure cluster connectivity

swathiG
New Contributor II

@jacovangelder My databricks workspace is hosted in AWS so I tried to add the region,Inbound and outbound IP address But it is not working

jacovangelder
Contributor III

I don't know your enterprise setup, but it could be that the AWS firewall is blocking the outbound request too. Just whitelisting the AWS Databricks ranges in the application you're posting to might not be enough. 

Edit: actually no that can't be the case because a 403 is remote server error. 
You might have only whitelisted the control plane IPs and not the compute plane (cluster/VM ip's)

Which IP's did you use? 

@jacovangelder yes, I have whitelisted control plane IP's inbound and outbound.
 ap-south-1  65.0.37.64/28, 13.232.248.161

swathiG
New Contributor II

@jacovangelder 
can you please let me know where can I get compute IP address

You can find it in the Spark Master UI settings in the cluster configuration.

Or you can run %sh ifconfig.

Do keep in mind you might want to take a range because this most likely changes everytime you spin up your cluster. 

@jacovangelder 
will try this thank you

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!