cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

databricks asset bundles - error demo project

DavMes
New Contributor

Hi,

I am using the v0.205.0 version of the CLI. I wanted to test the demo project (databricks bundle init) of the Databricks Asset Bundles, however I am getting an error after databricks bundle deploy (validate is ok).

artifacts.whl.AutoDetect: Detecting Python wheel project...
artifacts.whl.AutoDetect: Found Python wheel project at c:\projects\my_project
Error: INFO: Could not find files for the given pattern(s).

I found out that without the 'python_wheel_task` in the `my_project_job.yml`, it works without any problem. I built the wheel from the setup.py too. Can you please help me? 

Thank you

3 REPLIES 3

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @DavMes, The error message suggests that the system cannot find files for the given pattern(s). This could mean that there may be a problem with the way your project files are structured or named or where they are located. You mentioned that removing the โ€™python_wheel_taskโ€™ in the โ€™my_project_job.ymlโ€™ resolves the issue, which suggests that the problem might be related to the Python wheel project detection. You could try the following steps to debug this issue.

1. Verify that your Python wheel project is correctly set up and that all required files are present and correctly named.
    2. Check that the paths in your โ€™my_project_job.ymlโ€™ file are correct and point to the suitable locations.
    3. Ensure that your Python environment is correctly set up and that there are no conflicts with other Python packages or installations. 

Please consult the Databricks support for more details.

FadyYass_34581
New Contributor II

Hi @DavMes, the default python template that Databricks provides has the job.yml file that you mentioned, which has a python_wheel_task that looks for "whl" libraries in this location "../dist/*.whl" which doesn't exist. When I removed this line pattern error disappeared.

AndrรฉSalvati
New Contributor III

There you can see a complete template project with Databricks Asset Bundles and a python wheel task. Please, follow the instructions for deployment.

https://github.com/andre-salvati/databricks-template

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.