cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Databricks Community Edition - Enable Databricks SQL

Kiedi7
New Contributor

Hi,

I am trying to enable the Databricks SQL environment from the Community Edition workspace (using left menu pane). However, the options I see in the dropdown menu are or Data Science & Eng and Machine Learning workspaces/environments.

Is Databricks SQL not supported in the community edition? Alternatively, How can I enable it?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

User16765136105
New Contributor III

Hi @A Kโ€‹ - Databricks SQL is not supported in Community Edition today. In order to try DBSQL, you would need to create a Databricks trial account.

Thank you!

Andrew

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

User16765136105
New Contributor III

Hi @A Kโ€‹ - Databricks SQL is not supported in Community Edition today. In order to try DBSQL, you would need to create a Databricks trial account.

Thank you!

Andrew

BilalAslamDbrx
Honored Contributor III

+1 on what Andrew said. We are not currently planning on enabling Databricks SQL in Community. Please use a trial account on one of the supported clouds.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group