cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Databricks Tables in Excel

haydenLiQ
Visitor

I attended the Databricks World Tour in 2023 (not the most recent one) where I remember there was mention of a feature in development that was an add-in (or similar) for Excel that would allow for native connection and importation of a Databricks table into an Excel workbook.

I can't remember what this was called and from what I can see, it has not been implemented yet. Does anyone know if Im just missing it somewhere, or when it may be available?

I understand that you can connect to Databricks from Excel using the ODBC driver. But I am hoping for a solution that is more streamlined and easier to implement for non-technical users.

2 REPLIES 2

szymon_dybczak
Contributor III

Panda
Contributor

@haydenLiQ  -
Power BI has native support for Databricks connections via the Azure Databricks connector. You can pull data from Databricks into Power BI, create datasets, and then use Power BIโ€™s Excel integration to export these datasets into Excel. 
Connect Power BI to Azure Databricks

May be one of the non Technical User Solution ๐Ÿค”

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group