cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Databricks with Private cloud

Phani1
Valued Contributor

Hi Databricks Team,

Is it possible for Databricks to offer support for private cloud environments other than Azure, GCP, and AWS? The client intends to utilize Databricks in their own cloud for enhanced security. If this is feasible, what is the procedure? What are the difficulties when comparing cloud platforms to other platforms in terms of how well they work and how flexible they are?

Regards,Janga

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

holly
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Janga,

Providing your own cloud is not a service we offer at this time. I can't say for certain, but it's unlikely we'll ever offer this. 

You mentioned you have a 'client' so I'm assuming you're part of a consulting firm. I understand it's difficult if the client has set private cloud as their requirement, but that doesn't always lead to the best security. Cloud vendors spend billions on their security each year and hire the best talent in the world and can respond very quickly to new threats. We have many three letter acronym government agencies using Databricks across our various clouds who are confident in our security.

It might be worth looking at the specific security concerns and addressing those, regardless of whether you go with Databricks or not. If you do continue down this route, we have a very thorough security & trust centre which will be able to answer many of your questions.

Holly

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

holly
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi Janga,

Providing your own cloud is not a service we offer at this time. I can't say for certain, but it's unlikely we'll ever offer this. 

You mentioned you have a 'client' so I'm assuming you're part of a consulting firm. I understand it's difficult if the client has set private cloud as their requirement, but that doesn't always lead to the best security. Cloud vendors spend billions on their security each year and hire the best talent in the world and can respond very quickly to new threats. We have many three letter acronym government agencies using Databricks across our various clouds who are confident in our security.

It might be worth looking at the specific security concerns and addressing those, regardless of whether you go with Databricks or not. If you do continue down this route, we have a very thorough security & trust centre which will be able to answer many of your questions.

Holly

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!