cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Delta tables and YOLO computer vision tasks

Andrewcon
New Contributor

Hi all,

I would really appreciate if someone could help me out. I feel itโ€™s both a data engineering and ML question.

One thing we use at wo is YOLO for object detection. Iโ€™ve managed to run YOLO by loading data from the blob storage, but Iโ€™ve seen that the best way to do deep learning tasks in Databricks is to train your ML models on Delta Live Tables.

I currently have my training dataset as a Delta table, and I was wondering if anyone has managed to train computer vision models on Delta tables.

Iโ€™ve read the documentations and have seen repos such as petastorm that try to implement training on delta tables, but I canโ€™t for the life of me understand how to actually run yolo this way, especially since YOLO uses yaml for config.

Thank in advance for your help! ๐Ÿ˜‡

1 REPLY 1

Kaniz
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @AndrewconTraining computer vision models on Delta Live Tables in Databricks is an interesting challenge. Letโ€™s break it down:

1. Delta Live Tables:

2. Training Computer Vision Models:

• While YOLO (You Only Look Once) is a powerful object detection algorithm, integrating it with Delta Live Tables requires some additional steps.
    • Hereโ€™s a high-level approach to train YOLO using your Delta table:
  3. Steps:

• Data Preparation:

• Model Configuration:

• YOLO uses a yaml configuration file to define model architecture, hyperparameters, and other settings.
      • Adapt your YOLO configuration to work with Delta Live Tables. You might need to modify the data input pipeline to read from Delta tables instead of blob storage.
    • Training:

• Set up a Databricks cluster with appropriate resources for training.
      • Write custom code (likely in Python) that:
        • Reads data from the Delta table.
        • Parses the yaml configuration.
        • Initializes the YOLO model.
        • Trains the model using your data.
    • Evaluation and Deployment:

• After training, evaluate the modelโ€™s performance using validation data.
      • Once satisfied, deploy the model for inference.
  4. Challenges:

• YOLOโ€™s yaml configuration: Adapting it to work with Delta tables might involve custom code to load data dynamically.
    • Ensuring efficient data access: Delta Live Tables provides optimizations, but youโ€™ll need to handle data loading efficiently.
  5. Resources:

Remember that this integration might require some experimentation and custom development. Good luck, and feel free to ask if you need further assistance! ๐Ÿ˜Š

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.