cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Delta Tables copying

YS
New Contributor

Hello, 

I’m trying to copy a table with all it’s versions to unity catalog, I know I can use deep cloning but I want the table with the full history, is that possible?

2 REPLIES 2

menotron
New Contributor III

I think if you copy the underlying files of the source table to a new location along with the _delta_log/ you effectively have the full history. Given you have external location setup for unity catalog you can then create an table on this location.

And If you are using DBX runtime 13.0+, you can use the CREATE TABLE LIKE to create a copy table on the new  location.

bikash84
New Contributor III

To copy history, you would have to copy files along with the delta log folder and then create a delta table on that location

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!