Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

DLT can't authenticate with kinesis using instance profile

israelst
New Contributor II

When running my notebook using personal compute with instance profile I am indeed able to readStream from kinesis. But adding it as a DLT with UC, while specifying the same instance-profile in the DLT pipeline setting - causes a "MissingAuthentication" exception from kinesis...

If I am using the hive_metastore in the DLT - it does work! Why in UC it does not?!

3 REPLIES 3

brockb
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hi,

Please review the "Limitations" section of this Unity Catalog DLT document. Do one or more of these described situations applicable to you, such as possibly:

Existing pipelines that use the Hive metastore cannot be upgraded to use Unity Catalog. To migrate an existing pipeline that writes to Hive metastore, you must create a new pipeline and re-ingest data from the data source(s).

https://docs.databricks.com/en/delta-live-tables/unity-catalog.html#limitations

Thanks.

Mathias_Peters
New Contributor II

Hi, were you able to solve this problem? If so, what was the solution?

Hello, Did you fix this problem ? We are having similar issue with SQS permission.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.