cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

docs.databricks.com

User16844588229
New Contributor III

Navigate and discover content more efficiently with Search in Databricks

Hi all- Justin Kim here, I'm the Databricks product manager responsible for content organization and navigation in our product, which includes Search. Great to see you on the Community! 

You may have noticed that we added a search bar at the top of Databricks (https://docs.databricks.com/release-notes/product/2022/october.html#top-navigation-bar-in-the-ui). 

Search barSearch modal 

The goal of this Search is to help you, our users, be more efficient and get your job done faster. Weโ€™ve made some additional updates to Search recently that will improve how you can navigate and discover content.

Being able to search for queries and dashboards regardless of where you are in the product and seeing snippets of notebooks in the search results are two of my favorite updates. This blog post (https://www.databricks.com/blog/2022/09/28/navigating-databricks-lakehouse-pro.html) goes into more examples of how you can use Databricks Search to navigate and discover more efficiently.

๐Ÿ‘‰ ๐Ÿ‘‰ ๐Ÿ‘‰ Have you tried Search in Databricks recently? If so, what do you think about it? How would you like to see us improve it? Let me know in a comment below!

9 REPLIES 9

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

The search is working excellently. I would prefer to have it in a new tab instead of that popup (with a search string in the URL address).

@Hubert Dudek (Customer)โ€‹ Glad to hear search is working well for you and thank you for the feedback! We are looking into having a full page search results page. Can you share so more about your use case?

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

Hi @Justin Kimโ€‹ I think the best solution for databricks would be to introduce tabs that are like industry standard (instead of popup or things expanding from left menu)image.png

B

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Justin Kimโ€‹ Just want to confirm if this is bug in search function or intended behavior, whenever we are trying to select "Anytime" option in notebook, it is by default selecting "Last Modified". please find attached screen shot. also,Databricks Search It looks currently GCP is not enabled with, can you please let us know when this feature is enabled to GCP

Hi @karthik pโ€‹- Thanks for the feedback! "Anytime" is the intended default selection for the Last Modified filter. Was there a different default you were expecting? I would love to learn more about your use case!

GCP is currently not supported, but we are currently working to bring Global Search to GCP. Stay tuned!

Hello

karthik_p
Esteemed Contributor

@Justin Kimโ€‹ Thank you for quick reply, usually Last Modified is Recent changes right (that can be last 24hrs or cap limit that we add), whereas anytime they should show all Notebooks or Tables from start. that is where i got confused

@karthik pโ€‹ Thanks for the clarification, that makes sense. The Last Modified is intended to be a filter. Would a sort by last modified functionality help for this scenario?

Join 100K+ Data Experts: Register Now & Grow with Us!

Excited to expand your horizons with us? Click here to Register and begin your journey to success!

Already a member? Login and join your local regional user group! If there isn’t one near you, fill out this form and we’ll create one for you to join!