Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Documented Autoloader option not supported?

bd
New Contributor III

I have a function which is meant to use the `cloudFiles` source to stream file contents from s3. It is configured like this:

```

stream = (

spark.readStream.format("cloudFiles")

.option("cloudFiles.format", "text")

.option("cloudFiles.schemaLocation", MY_CHECKPOINT_PATH)

.option("wholeText", True)

.option("cloudFiles.fetchParallelism", 😎

.option("cloudFiles.pathGlobFilter", "*/subdir/*")

.load(MY_S3_PATH)

)

```

According to the autoloader docs, this is a valid option, but when I run this in a notebook on DBR 11.3 LTS personal cluster, I get `CloudFilesIllegalArgumentException: Found unknown option keys: cloudFiles.pathglobfilter`

This is on an AWS deployment of databricks. I've also tried running on a 12.2 cluster, with the same result. I've also tried a number of different version of the glob filter pattern itself, to no avail. This is the simplest one (my real use case would need a comma-separated string of options or something like that).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Lakshay
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Benjamin Dean​ , The issue is about the option "cloudFiles.pathGlobFilter". You don't need to use the cloudFiles prefix here. You can directly mention "pathGlobFilter" instead

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

Lakshay
Esteemed Contributor
Esteemed Contributor

Hi @Benjamin Dean​ , The issue is about the option "cloudFiles.pathGlobFilter". You don't need to use the cloudFiles prefix here. You can directly mention "pathGlobFilter" instead

bd
New Contributor III

thanks, I see how I made that error.

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.