cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Embedding external content and videos via IFrame

TCK
Visitor

Hello there,

I'm currently creating a notebook which contains a training course for data engineering.

For certain topics it would be nice to embed external resources like Youtube videos so participants do not have to leave the notebook to watch the video and then come back. 

Including an IFrame via displayHTML -> IFrame works but participants need to be actively connected to a cluster in order to run this step first before they can see the video.

I would rather want to include a video via markdown just like this:
```

%md
<iframe src="xxx" ...></iframe>
```
In most IDEs this just works but in Databricks the resulting IFrame seems to get its src property stripped away.

Is there any way to achieve this easy mode of embedding external content in my notebook?

Thanks in advance!
2 REPLIES 2

gchandra
Contributor

Yes, like I said in the original post, displayHTML works but needs to executed as a step first which requires a running cluster in order to display the video.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group