cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Failed to start isolated execution environment

supportvector
New Contributor II

Hi, I'm using PySpark to convert images to base64 format. The code works perfectly fine when I run it from any location on cluster. However, when the notebook is part of a GitHub repo hosted on Databricks, I get the following error:

[ISOLATION_STARTUP_FAILURE] Failed to start isolated execution environment. Please contact Databricks support. SQLSTATE: XXKSS

Could someone explain why the code works outside of the repo but fails when run from the GitHub repo on Databricks? Cluster and other things remain same. Its an dev all purpose cluster

1 REPLY 1

supportvector
New Contributor II

below is the base64 conversion code that i am using

def image_to_base64(image_path๐Ÿ˜ž
try:
with open(image_path, "rb") as image_file:
return base64.b64encode(image_file.read()).decode("utf-8")
except Exception as e:
return str(e)

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group