Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FutureWarning: ``databricks.feature_store.entities.feature_table.FeatureTable.keys`` is deprecated since v0.3.6

lawrence009
Contributor

I'm getting this message with the following code:

from databricks import feature_store

fs = feature_store.FeatureStoreClient()

fs.create_table(
    name='feature_store.user_login',
    primary_keys=['user_id'],
    df=df_x,
    description='user login features'
)

and I couldn't figure out why from the warning message below:

INFO databricks.feature_store._compute_client._compute_client: Created feature table 'hive_metastore.feature_store.user_login'.

/databricks/.python_edge_libs/databricks/feature_store/entities/_feature_store_object.py:8: FutureWarning: ``databricks.feature_store.entities.feature_table.FeatureTable.keys`` is deprecated since v0.3.6. This method will be removed in a future release. Use ``FeatureTable.primary_keys`` instead.

yield prop, self.__getattribute__(prop)

Out[3]: <FeatureTable: keys=['user_id'], tags={}>

My runtime is 11.3 LTS ML (includes Apache Spark 3.3.0, Scala 2.12)

3 REPLIES 3

DavideAnghileri
Contributor

Hi @Lawrence Chen​,

It looks like a Databricks bug. As you can see the warning comes from a statement in the private `_feature_store_object.py` file. I don't think there is much you can do about it if not ignoring it and wait the fix. It seems like if they are still searching also for the old attribute.

Should we (customers) report or log this bug somewhere official?

DavideAnghileri
Contributor

Yes, it's a nice thing to do. You can report it here: https://community.databricks.com/s/topic/0TO3f000000CnKrGAK/bug-report and if it's more urgent or blocking for you, you can also open a ticket to the help center: https://docs.databricks.com/resources/support.html?_ga=2.197483180.2058443561.1669642481-1501519142....

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.