Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting Databricks SQL dashboard to recognise change to an underlying query

labromb
Contributor

Hi Community

Scenario:

I have created a query in Databricks SQL, built a number of visualisations from it and published them to a dashboard.

I then realise that I need to add another field to the underlying query that I want to then leverage as a dashboard filter.

The problem I have is the new field is not available to the filter dialogue when I specify the query containing the new field.

The only way I have been able to achieve is to delete the visualisations from the dashboard and then re-add them. Is there a better / more efficient way of doing this I am missing?

All thoughts / suggestions greatly appreciated

2 REPLIES 2

youssefmrini
Honored Contributor III
Honored Contributor III

Can you take a screenshot ?

Yep sure

Query 1 (screenshot of which for some reason at the bottom of the reply, whereas other images have inserted in-line) is a simple query which I built a bar chart from and added bar chart to a dashboard.

If I then add a filter the dialog (correctly) displays the two available fields from the query Filter Dialog 1I then add a further field to the query, save it, run it etc.

Query 2I then go back to the dashboard, refresh and attempt to add the filter again, same two fields are available to base a filter on, but not the newly added fy field

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.