Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Getting error while mounting storage account to databricks notebook

Sk2
New Contributor

Please help to reolve this issue i implemented all possible steps, credentials are correct and i am not using free trial account, i was watching tutorial to mount i used same code and everything is done as said in tutorial but iam getting this weird error-------

ExecutionError: An error occurred while calling o390.mount.
: java.lang.NullPointerException
at shaded.databricks.azurebfs.org.apache.hadoop.fs.azurebfs.oauth2.AzureADAuthenticator.getTokenCall(AzureADAuthenticator.java:320)
at shaded.databricks.azurebfs.org.apache.hadoop.fs.azurebfs.oauth2.AzureADAuthenticator.getTokenCall(AzureADAuthenticator.java:287)
at shaded.databricks.azurebfs.org.apache.hadoop.fs.azurebfs.oauth2.AzureADAuthenticator.getTokenUsingClientCreds(AzureADAuthenticator.java:110)
at com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.DBUtilsCore.verifyAzureOAuth(DBUtilsCore.scala:1107)
at com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.DBUtilsCore.verifyAzureFileSystem(DBUtilsCore.scala:1119)
at com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.DBUtilsCore.createOrUpdateMount(DBUtilsCore.scala:1003)
at com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.DBUtilsCore.$anonfun$mount$1(DBUtilsCore.scala:1051)
at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.$anonfun$recordOperation$1(UsageLogging.scala:555)
at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.executeThunkAndCaptureResultTags$1(UsageLogging.scala:650)
at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.$anonfun$recordOperationWithResultTags$4(UsageLogging.scala:671)
at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.$anonfun$withAttributionContext$1(UsageLogging.scala:412)
at scala.util.DynamicVariable.withValue(DynamicVariable.scala:62)
at com.databricks.logging.AttributionContext$.withValue(AttributionContext.scala:158)
at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.withAttributionContext(UsageLogging.scala:410)
at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.withAttributionContext$(UsageLogging.scala:407)
at com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.FSUtils.withAttributionContext(DBUtilsCore.scala:69)
at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.withAttributionTags(UsageLogging.scala:455)
at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.withAttributionTags$(UsageLogging.scala:440)
at com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.FSUtils.withAttributionTags(DBUtilsCore.scala:69)
at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.recordOperationWithResultTags(UsageLogging.scala:645)
at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.recordOperationWithResultTags$(UsageLogging.scala:564)
at com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.FSUtils.recordOperationWithResultTags(DBUtilsCore.scala:69)
at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.recordOperation(UsageLogging.scala:555)
at com.databricks.logging.UsageLogging.recordOperation$(UsageLogging.scala:525)
at com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.FSUtils.recordOperation(DBUtilsCore.scala:69)
at com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.FSUtils.recordDbutilsFsOp(DBUtilsCore.scala:133)
at com.databricks.backend.daemon.dbutils.DBUtilsCore.mount(DBUtilsCore.scala:1045)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:498)
at py4j.reflection.MethodInvoker.invoke(MethodInvoker.java:244)
at py4j.reflection.ReflectionEngine.invoke(ReflectionEngine.java:380)
at py4j.Gateway.invoke(Gateway.java:306)
at py4j.commands.AbstractCommand.invokeMethod(AbstractCommand.java:132)
at py4j.commands.CallCommand.execute(CallCommand.java:79)
at py4j.ClientServerConnection.waitForCommands(ClientServerConnection.java:195)
at py4j.ClientServerConnection.run(ClientServerConnection.java:115)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:750)

2 REPLIES 2

Harrison_S
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hello, can you share the documentation you were following?

DeltaTrain
New Contributor II

Hi, I am not so sure. But very likely you have tried with any cluster with Access mode as Shared.

Can you try with a single node cluster, if the problem still exists, please share your problem once again here.

please tag me in your question again if necessary @DeltaTrain  

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.