Data Engineering
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Git integration for enterprises with a private git server behind VPN

AlbinLindmark
New Contributor II

The documentation states that DataBricks does not support private Git servers behind a VPN. The forum does however state in two places (place1, place2) that enterprise customers can reach out to their 'account team' and request to be added to something now as 'git proxy private preview'.

The enterprise I work for has a private GitLab Enterprise server behind a VPN, but we would be very happy to integrate it with DataBricks. Is this possible as some community members seem to have stated?

Thank you!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

I tried routing, whitelisting IP, and it hasn't worked. So it seems that Repos are not connecting via the internet gateway. However, there is that message, so maybe you can open a ticket (I also will do it).

"Could not connect to the git server. Make sure the git server is accessible from Databricks. Connecting to a private git server requires additional setup. Please contact your Databricks representative for details."

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Hubert-Dudek
Esteemed Contributor III

I tried routing, whitelisting IP, and it hasn't worked. So it seems that Repos are not connecting via the internet gateway. However, there is that message, so maybe you can open a ticket (I also will do it).

"Could not connect to the git server. Make sure the git server is accessible from Databricks. Connecting to a private git server requires additional setup. Please contact your Databricks representative for details."

Thanks for the reply! I will create a ticket. Please reach back to this thread if you have any new findings/info!

Hi @AlbinLindmark​ , Did you create any ticket for the issue as mentioned earlier? Do you need any more help?

derft102
New Contributor II

Hey all,

What do you say about the below post. I am little bit confused about it. If someone will help me, it will be appreciated.

https://community.databricks.com/s/question/0D53f00001GHVYnCAP/will-databricks-support-selfservice-w.../

Thanks in Advance

Welcome to Databricks Community: Lets learn, network and celebrate together

Join our fast-growing data practitioner and expert community of 80K+ members, ready to discover, help and collaborate together while making meaningful connections. 

Click here to register and join today! 

Engage in exciting technical discussions, join a group with your peers and meet our Featured Members.