cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Global init script not running

vjani
New Contributor III

Hello Databricks Community,

I am trying to connect databricks with datadog and have added datadog agent script in global init but it did not worked. Just to make sure if init script is working or not I have added below two lined of code in global init script.

#!/bin/bash
echo " ============== init_script ========="

After that I have restarted cluster and I do not see any output in Cluster > my-cluster> "Driver Logs" nor I am seeing any INIT_SCRIPTS_STARTED in "Event Log". What am I missing? How do I check if script files were executed or not?

Runtime: 

14.3 LTS (includes Apache Spark 3.5.0, Scala 2.12)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Slash
Contributor

Hi @vjani ,

Global init scripts only run on clusters configured with single user or legacy no-isolation shared access mode, so Databricks recommends configuring all init scripts as cluster-scoped init scripts and managing them across your workspace using cluster policies.
So the question is, what access mode you are using in your cluster?

Use global init scripts | Databricks on AWS

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

Slash
Contributor

Hi @vjani ,

Global init scripts only run on clusters configured with single user or legacy no-isolation shared access mode, so Databricks recommends configuring all init scripts as cluster-scoped init scripts and managing them across your workspace using cluster policies.
So the question is, what access mode you are using in your cluster?

Use global init scripts | Databricks on AWS

Kaniz_Fatma
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hi @vjani, Thanks for reaching out! Please review the response and let us know if it answers your question. Your feedback is valuable to us and the community.

If the response resolves your issue, kindly mark it as the accepted solution. This will help close the thread and assist others with similar queries.

We appreciate your participation and are here if you need further assistance!

vjani
New Contributor III

Thanks Slash for the reply. That seems to be a reason. I was following https://docs.datadoghq.com/integrations/databricks/?tab=driveronly and missed that configuration.

No problem, glad that it was helpful to you.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you won’t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isn’t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group