cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 
Data Engineering
Join discussions on data engineering best practices, architectures, and optimization strategies within the Databricks Community. Exchange insights and solutions with fellow data engineers.
cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

How can search in a specific folder in Databricks?

Reza
New Contributor III

There is a keyword search option in Databricks that searches for a command or word in the entire workspace. How can search for a command in a specific folder or repository?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Atanu
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee

I think folder wise search wont work cause search engine works respective to the workspace.

please raise a feature request - https://docs.databricks.com/resources/ideas.html @Reza Rajabiโ€‹ 

View solution in original post

10 REPLIES 10

-werners-
Esteemed Contributor III

There is no such functionality at the moment.

But there are ways to achieve this:

1. export the workspace by using the databricks cli. It will download all the notebooks etc, then you can perform a search with your IDE or ...
  2. use Repos. The workbooks are sent to git (Github, Azure Devops,...) and there you can go to your files and perform a search there.

The 2nd option is ofc a better approach.

Reza
New Contributor III

My question was regarding a simple search in specific folders in Databricks, not cli or GitHub repo.

Reza
New Contributor III

I know. However, I want to search in a specific folder entire databricks that I have access too.

Atanu
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee

@Reza Rajabiโ€‹  it actually search entire databricks . I think best search match can show the folder destination too.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Reza Rajabiโ€‹ - Does Atanu's response answer your question?

Reza
New Contributor III

No.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Reza Rajabiโ€‹ - Thank you for letting us know.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Reza Rajabiโ€‹ - We have not forgotten you. We are looking for someone to help.

Atanu
Databricks Employee
Databricks Employee

I think folder wise search wont work cause search engine works respective to the workspace.

please raise a feature request - https://docs.databricks.com/resources/ideas.html @Reza Rajabiโ€‹ 

nelsoncardenas
New Contributor II

I would not consider this resolved. When I visit a forum, it's to find a solution, and I'm not completely sure if this feature has still not been created in Databricks since 2022. Regardless of that, I have submitted the feature request in Databricks.

Connect with Databricks Users in Your Area

Join a Regional User Group to connect with local Databricks users. Events will be happening in your city, and you wonโ€™t want to miss the chance to attend and share knowledge.

If there isnโ€™t a group near you, start one and help create a community that brings people together.

Request a New Group